Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Poverty incidence among the population in Metro Manila or the National Capital Region (NCR) fell to 2.3 percent in 2018 from 4.1 percent in 2015, according to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). This was the lowest poverty rate among the 17 r...
Poverty incidence in the Philippines eased to 16.6 percent in 2018 from 23.3 percent in 2018, according to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) Undersecretary Adoracion Navarro said the latest...
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said the 30th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games will follow a “cancellation protocol” to prepare for the impact of Typhoon Tisoy (international name Kammuri). Presidenti...
Arnis bolstered Team Philippines’ campaign in the 30th Southeast Asian Games. The Filipino arnis warriors copped two more gold medals in the anyo (form) competitions to wrap up their campaign with a total of 14 mints at the end of the mee...
Thirty-two former illegal drug addicts have graduated from the community-based rehabilitation program of Navotas known as Bidahan. Bidahan participants underwent a 3-day retreat, a series of counselling sessions for six and 18 months, and random dru...
The Philippines will begin its quest for a fifth straight basketball gold medal and 18th overall in Southeast Asian Games when it faces Singapore at the Mall of Asia Arena on December 4. A team managers’ meeting was held Tuesday afte...