Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
San Miguel Corp. has released select design studies for the proposed New Manila International Airport in Bulakan, Bulacan. The company is investing P734 billion to build a new, world-class international gateway that it envisions will be the best in ...
Pasay City Mayor Emi Calixto-Rubiano took time to explain how she arrives at the decision to suspend classes amid the bashing that local politicians received last week for the timing of their announcements. During a chat with students in Kalayaan Vi...
Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte assured that the city-wide clearing of obstructions and illegal structures will be sustained after the 60-day period given by President Rodrigo Duterte. Speaking to reporters before the demolition of the Damayang Lagi ...
Manila Mayor Isko Moreno asked two companies operating five public markets in the city to pay P25.54 million in unpaid taxes. “Itong companies XRC Mall Developers Inc. and Marketlife Management and Leasing Corporation… sila ay hindi...
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) asked motorists to help identify persons who left a balikbayan box in the middle of Shaw Boulevard Underpass along EDSA (Epifanio Delos Santos Avenue) in Mandaluyong City, which caused fear am...
Makati Mayor Abby Binay engages in a discussion on a wide range of issues with business leaders belonging to the Makati Business Club (MBC). The mayor assured them that the city government will continue to pursue smart city initiatives that will impr...